At Homeschool Canada, we want to help with the planning and researching necessary in order to decide on an educational path for your homeschooled child, part of which requires a comprehensive list of homeschooling resources. First we have all of our own compiled resources:
Homeschool Canada Resources:
- Our New to Homeschooling in Canada Guide
- Our Guide to Homeschooling Laws and Regulations for each province and territory in Canada
- Our Guide to Distance Learning programs for each province and territory in Canada
- Our Guide to Canadian Homeschooling community groups
In addition to our own homeschooling resources, here are several other outstanding homeschooling resources for homeschooling families in Canada. These address topics like how to create a learning plan for your child, how to choose the right distance learning program, how to find and provide community and socialization for your child.
Canada Wide Homeschooling Resources:
- How to Homeschool in Canada eBook An amazing resource by Lisa Marie Fletcher at The Canadian Homeschooler. This eBook will walk you through the initial steps and questions to begin asking as you explore a learning plan to homeschool your child. A must read!
- Canadian Centre for Home Education The Canadian Centre for Home Education (CCHE) is an advocate for the homeschooling community; and, provides ongoing support and research to elevate how Canadians think about home education. When a homeschool family is faced with serious illness, sudden death or abandonment, we want to be there to help. CCHE has a benevolence fund to assist families in extreme need to provide relief for homeschool-related essentials. CCHE is the trusted voice in home education and respected among national policy makers, academia and the media. Our team of experts consistently provide support during legal challenges that affect homeschoolers. Our unique position enables us to protect the freedom for all Canadians to home educate. CCHE takes pride in presenting accurate and relevant facts about home education through quality research. Understanding the facts about home education is essential to building a healthy community and country.
- The Canadian Homeschooler One of the challenges we have as Canadian homeschooling families is the need for unique curriculum materials, homeschooling resources, and products that cater to our Canadian individuality. The Canadian Homeschooler is the place to look for great Canadian curriculum, materials, resources, and businesses. Categorized by subject, our hope is to connect you with what you need to make your homeschooling adventures easier.
- HSLDA Home School Legal Defence Association HSLDA’s mission is to enable, empower, and protect Canadian home educators. As times change, our member families can be assured that HSLDA will be there to encourage and enable new families to home educate, empower existing families to home educate to the best of their ability, and protect families across the country from whatever challenges may come their way. Our vision is to see as many families as possible experiencing the blessings of home education and effectively meeting whatever challenges they may face on this journey.
- Unschooling Canada The Unschooling Canada Yahoo group is a Canada wide Yahoo group to support and encourage other unschoolers. This group is committed to unschooling and natural learning. From beginners learning to let go of school-at-home to veteran unschoolers, everyone is welcome to share discoveries, experiences, insights, wisdom and surprises. All degrees of unschooling are welcome.
- Field Trip Factory – Canada Looking for some interesting field trips for your homeschoolers? Check out this website listing for great ideas. All FTF program content is generally aligned with provincial education curriculum guidelines. Thanks to our Sponsors, all of Field Trip Factory’s programs are FREE – You only need to arrange for transportation for your group.