Parents who decide to provide home schooling for their child(ren) should notify the school board of their intent in writing. Parents should provide the name, gender, and date of birth of each child who is receiving home schooling, and the telephone number and address of the home. The letter should be signed by the parent(s). Parents may use the sample letter provided in appendix B to this memorandum. If the home address changes, parents should notify the school board of the change of address.
If parents decide to continue to provide home schooling in subsequent years, they should give notification each year in writing prior to September 1 to the school board in whose jurisdiction their child last attended school. The letter should contain the same information as that in the initial letter described above.
Click on the following links to find information on:
- Ontario Homeschool Laws (via edu.gov.on.ca)
- Ontario Learning Outcomes (via edu.gov.on.ca)
- Ontario Distance Learning Programs
- New to Homeschooling? Here is a guide to get you started right.
- Connect with the Homeschooling Community in your area.
- For any other questions about homeschooling in Ontario, please contact Lisa Marie at The Canadian Homeschooler